Amazing Benefits of Organic Mung Bean Sprouts
Mung bean sprouts are a nutritional powerhouse with powerful antioxidant properties that fight disease, inflammation and protect your body.
List of benefits:
- Mung bean sprouts are a living, raw food which are alkaline and contain oxygen which boosts immunity, inhibiting the growth of viruses, bad bacteria and cancer cells in your body (as disease can’t live in an alkaline and oxygen-rich environment)
- Contain hundreds of vitamins and minerals in their most natural form including A, Bs, C, D, E, K, folic acid, potassium, magnesium and zinc
- Contains 100 times more enzymes than raw veggies and fruits which aid in digestion
- Rich in essential amino acids including phenylalanine, leucine, isoleucine, valine, lysine and arginine which are the building blocks of protein
- They are bio-genetic which means they offer the strongest support for cell regeneration
- Excellent source of natural fibre
- Increases your energy
- Help with weight-loss by increasing your sense of fullness while curbing cravings for carbs and sweets
- Regulates blood sugar and protects from Type 2 Diabetes
Contain phytoestrogens which help regulate hormones during menopause, relieving hot flashes and preventing osteoporosis
- Promotes healthier younger looking skin and improves acne
- Regulates body temperature and prevents heat stroke
- Easy to digest compared to many other beans
- Great for breakfast, salads, toppings, soups, smoothies, pastes or as a snack
- Dry beans can store for 5 years which is essential in case of an emergency
- Provides anti-inflammatory benefits by inhibiting the release of the protein (HMGB1), which regulates inflammatory response. Read article 2. below.
Health benefits of mung bean sprouts is gaining recognition by the scientific community. The following 3 reports contain scientific research citing several of the health benefits:
- (PubMed) Mung Bean (Vigna radiata L.): Bioactive Polyphenols, Polysaccharides, Peptides, and Health Benefits
- (Life Extension) Turn off the Cytokine Switch
- (Springer Link) A review of phytochemistry, metabolite changes, and medicinal uses of the common food mung bean and its sprouts (Vigna radiata)
Did you get your kit yet? Each Sprout Grower comes with 1 LB of certified organic mung beans to get you started.